top of page


Public·78 members

Car Insurance For Any Driver ~UPD~

If your family and friends frequently borrow your vehicle, then you may consider adding them to your insurance policy. If you have a business for which your employees frequently drive your vehicle, then you may need something more official, like a car insurance for any driver policy. This ensures that each driver, and your vehicle, is protected.

car insurance for any driver

Sharing insurance costs across your family could save you and your family members the hassle and expense of running separate vehicles. It also means you don't have to decide who's the 'main driver' of the car.

Usually, any driver over the age of 25 can be on an any driver policy. Most any driver car insurance policies have clear age cut-offs as younger drivers tend to be riskier and so more expensive to insure.

In a 2018 study, the Association of British Insurers (ABI) found that drivers aged 17-24, made up 7% of UK licence holders and tended to drive fewer miles than the average. Yet they were involved in 24% of all fatal collisions.

Most insurers should let you add several named drivers to your policy, which could suit your needs just as well. But a named driver should only drive your car now and again. You should be the main driver of the vehicle.

Depending on your needs, temporary car insurance could be a cheaper alternative. Your friend or relative pays for cover for just a few hours or up to a month, and the cover stops after this time is up.

Wondering if you're insured when you borrow a car or lend yours to someone? Generally, both the borrower's insurance and the vehicle owner's insurance may apply in the event of an accident, but whose insurance applies and to what degree will vary based on the details of the accident and the language of each person's insurance policy.

If you allow someone else to borrow your car, it's still covered by your insurance policy. Insurers call this "permissive use." This is true even when the driver carries their own insurance. However, both your insurance policy and the driver's insurance may apply in the event of an accident. Whose insurance pays out, and in what amount, will vary based on the language of both policies and the details of the accident.

If the driver frequently uses your car or lives in your household, your insurer may determine that they should've been added to your policy as a driver. In that case, it may be sufficient cause for your insurance company to deny your claim.

Uninsured drivers may be covered if they're borrowing an insured car with permission from the owner. The vehicle owner's insurance can cover damages based on the policy's coverages and limits. If the policy doesn't cover some of the damage or the damage exceeds policy limits, the driver could be held personally liable to cover any additional damages related to the accident.

If you are uninsured but plan to borrow a car, you may want to consider investing in a non-owner insurance policy. This type of policy typically provides liability coverage for bodily injury and property damage, but it doesn't cover physical damage to the vehicle you're driving or any injuries you may suffer in an accident.

In most cases, your insurance can cover the accident, but depending on your policy limits and the details of the accident, the driver's insurance policy may cover all or part of the claim. There are certain situations where your insurance policy may not cover an accident after someone borrows your car and gets into an accident, including:

Please note: The above is meant as general information to help you understand the different aspects of insurance. Read our editorial standards for Answers content. This information is not an insurance policy, does not refer to any specific insurance policy, and does not modify any provisions, limitations, or exclusions expressly stated in any insurance policy. Descriptions of all coverages and other features are necessarily brief; in order to fully understand the coverages and other features of a specific insurance policy, we encourage you to read the applicable policy and/or speak to an insurance representative. Coverages and other features vary between insurers, vary by state, and are not available in all states. Whether an accident or other loss is covered is subject to the terms and conditions of the actual insurance policy or policies involved in the claim. References to average or typical premiums, amounts of losses, deductibles, costs of coverages/repair, etc., are illustrative and may not apply to your situation. We are not responsible for the content of any third-party sites linked from this page.

If you allow someone else to borrow your car, it's still covered by your insurance policy. Insurers call this \"permissive use.\" This is true even when the driver carries their own insurance. However, both your insurance policy and the driver's insurance may apply in the event of an accident. Whose insurance pays out, and in what amount, will vary based on the language of both policies and the details of the accident.

Excluded drivers (those specifically listed on the policy as not covered) will typically not be covered when driving a car under your auto insurance policy. In some states, excluded drivers may have a minimal amount of coverage, though this (and the exact type of coverage provided) will depend on where you live. You should check with your auto insurance carrier for guidance on this.

If you use your vehicle for commercial purposes, your insurance policy will typically not cover incidents occurring during this type of use. This can include using the vehicle to deliver pizzas, driving for a transportation network company that offers car rides or ride-sharing, or operating some sort of delivery or concierge service. You will likely need a separate insurance policy or supplement to insure these types of activities.

Whether it's a roommate, a spouse or significant other, or even a teenage child or college student, there are many situations when adding a driver to your car insurance makes sense. Most insurance companies allow you (and may require you) to add another driver to your car insurance policy if the person drives the insured cars regularly or shares the same permanent residence. Most insurers will also allow you to share a single car insurance policy with someone if you live with them.

When adding someone to your car insurance, you can either call your car insurance company or log in to your account online to add a new driver to your policy. Your insurance company will typically need the driver's name, date of birth, driving history, license information, as well as their vehicle identification number (VIN) if you also plan to share one policy that covers both of your vehicles.

Adding a driver to your insurance policy means they're an insured driver under your policy when they drive your car. So, if they get into an accident, your insurer is more likely to cover the damage than for an unlisted driver. Sharing a policy with someone typically means both of your vehicles are covered under one policy.

You should add any regular drivers of your car to your insurance policy so that damages from accidents are covered. Also, you can add any drivers that live at your permanent address, and most insurance companies will require it. Some states may allow you to exclude a driver from being covered by the policy.

Roommates may add each other to their policies because they live at the same address. You and your roommate could also share a car insurance policy for convenience and potential savings. Learn more about sharing car insurance with roommates.

Unmarried couples who live together should add each other to their policies or share one policy. If you don't live together, but your significant other regularly drives your car, then you should add them to your policy. Learn more about car insurance for unmarried couples.

If your teen driver or college student has a valid driver's license or permit, you should add them as a driver on your policy. If your teen drives your car regularly, then they should be added to your policy. This may be necessary even if they're also insured on another auto policy, like another parent's policy. Learn more about car insurance for teens.

If your college student attends school away from home, then they should be added to your policy if they stay with you and drive your car when home on school breaks. Find out more about car insurance for college students.

For example, many insurance companies offer a discount if you have a teen driver or a good student listed on your policy. On the other hand, a driver with a history of insurance claims and traffic violations may increase the cost of your policy. 041b061a72


Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
Group Page: Groups_SingleGroup
bottom of page